Sunday, January 08, 2006

Finishing Things


I finished appliqueing Natural Bridge in Bryce National Park. Um, OK, I finished appliqueing a picture of Natural Bridge in San Diego. The bridge is in Bryce. I was in San Diego while I was appliqueing. Are you confused yet? I have a friend who photographed a bunch of southwestern landmarks and rocks and bridges and arches, and then she's turned them into applique patterns for this small group I've been sewing with for a long time. I do these kind of as a hobby. I find them relaxing to make, even if they are someone else's pattern. I still pick the fabrics, and as Susan (the designer) will tell you, I occasionally revise the pattern.


On New Year's Eve Day, I hiked up Cuyamaca Peak in San Diego County. I had only gotten halfway up this peak on a previous attempt, because it started snowing and I wasn't dressed for it. Then the Cedar Fire went through Cuyamaca in October 2002 and I had a hard time returning to the park. Hiking the peak this time, it was like walking through a graveyard in some ways, but despite the incoming storm (I have a thing for hiking and storms, apparently), there was new growth everywhere...although you can't tell that from this photo. I guess I'm finished with avoiding Cuyamaca.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network