Thursday, January 19, 2006

More Husqvarna News

I like the word "husqvarna". It has so many interesting things going on in it.

1. Here's my "rockstar" story. My mom was in the local sewing machine store signing up for classes, and when they saw her last name, they asked if she was related to me. "Why yes, I am," she replied (a friend thinks she should have said, "Why yes, I MADE her," but I'm kinda glad she didn't). Then they pull out the Husqvarna MasterPieces catalog and show her my quilt. Man, I haven't even seen the catalog (well, until today, yay!). So I am a rockstar in this tiny sewing machine store (which happens to be the same store that told me I should start saving for a new machine because my 25-year-old Viking may bite the dust any day now).

2. My daughter read my statement for the quilt in the Husqvarna show. It's a horrible statement. I won't even admit here why it's horrible, but it is. In it is the statement "Born in Alaska, lost in California." My daughter wants to know what I mean by that. She's 8. I ain't explainin' it. I'm not sure I can anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network