Friday, January 20, 2006

Star Wars cake

Minimum Day at school today because of finals. I finished up early and came home (with kids...remembered to pick them up...good idea) ready to pick out the rest of the fabrics for the misty Grand Canyon block next in the Southwest quilt (remind me to bash the designer of this quilt for picking a misty grayed-out picture...a true pain to pick fabrics), but NO. First I must make a cake for the scouts' Cake Bake pack meeting tonight. The theme: Star Wars. I ask my son what he wants to do (whole thing has to be edible). He knows about the Star Wars movies. He's seen most if not all of them. He doesn't like it when there's kissing. He wants to make a cake with the constellation of Orion battling the constellation of Scorpio (Scorpio wins, in case you're wondering). So. Get it? STAR WARS...a war of star constellations. What a geek. That is what I did with my "free" time on Friday afternoon. I have an hour left, so I will try to finish picking misty Southwest fabrics...a contradiction in terms there. I don't have colors that are a sort of orangy-brown with mist in front of it. Enjoy the cake. It's chocolate. No fabric was harmed in the making of this cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network