Monday, May 15, 2006

Another Fabric Artist

Chris Roberts-Antieau (pronounce that last name five times fast...I dare you).



This is called Whale with Swallowed Woman.

My SIL saw this woman's art somewhere in Seattle, and she had me google her while we were on the phone...so we're both trolling the website while on the phone (http://chrisroberts-antieau.com/000_home.html), as small and medium-sized children screech and whine in our respective backgrounds (mothers' day, my ass). I like her stuff. My SIL says I should be able to do this, but although Chris is definitely a woman after my own heart, I don't have that folk art touch. My stuff's a little less whimsical. Sarcasm abounds. But I DO think y'all should check out her stuff and buy it. I'd buy it if I weren't poor.

This one reminds me of my SIL and her dog. It's called Bad Dog. She would probably prefer that I call Lucy my brother's dog.



OK, I'm off to glue the moccasins. Don't ask. It's better that you don't know.

1 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Elle said...

I love her work. What a sense of humor's infused in them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network