Sunday, April 30, 2006

I Shouldn't Be Wasting Time Online

But I've been a good worker bunny. A bunch of pictures, although none of my son. I just did the quick haircut on him, 10 minutes flat. He says he wants hair that's halfway between a girl and a boy, so now he looks like a young Vulcan. Of course, I had to explain what a Vulcan was, so he decided he's an elf. I'm OK with that.

OK, so last weekend, I was walking in Hillcrest and saw this electric/traffic box. They've had local artists paint most of them in the area. I love the practice, and keep meaning to photograph this one, because I like it. I'm still trying to figure out how to locate the artists, but this one is on Robinson near 5th. Yes, it's sideways. So what. Deal. Do not irritate the cranky woman.


I haven't been ignoring the fabric world. This is the photograph for the next Southwest block. The photo was intimidating, translating it effectively into fabric.


I still don't know if my fabric choices will BE effective, but there's the pile of pieces, finally cut out and ready to go. I did that Friday night.


But before that, I did this landscape quilt as a donation for my niece and nephew's school auction. It's not quite finished. It's from a pattern from Susan Brittingham's miniature landscape class on www.quilt university.com.



I need to put a label on this one and ship it off this week to Pennsylvania. I hope I have a box or a tube that will work.


Over the weekend, I went to ArtWalk in San Diego, in Little Italy. I don't like ArtWalk as much now, as a street fair, as I did when it was visiting the artists' studios. I used to exhibit then, but I don't now. But I did bring home cards from two artists I like. The first, Daniela Ovtcharova, I can't afford, but her paintings are truly gorgeous, with a beautiful light to them. Her website is http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/d/daniela. This is Three Graces. It's sold, but other stuff isn't. Buy it!


The second one I might be able to afford, maybe, deep breaths, sometime soon. I have an obsession with printmaking, being a former (and hopefully future) printmaker. She also likes birds in her art. I wish I could buy like five of these...and they're cheap! But I'm really strapped for cash at the moment. Anyway, her name is Kirsten Francis and she's local. Her website is http://www.kirstenfrancis.com. This is Nesting. Please go buy stuff from her so she can keep making these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network