Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Should Be Packing...Again


I got home from Arizona yesterday afternoon (see inspiring picture of weird geological formations below, as opposed to weird photo of truck above...insert whatever word you like at the end of the truck...).


I'm leaving for Anaheim (WOOO!) tonight. Hopefully the rain will have stopped by then and maybe my car will have been fixed too so I don't have to drive my dad's convertible. A girl can dream. I will not be going to Disneyland. If I went to Disneyland without my kids, they would probably kill me. Plus I'm supposed to be doing official science-teacher stuff...whatever that is.

In Arizona, I cut out most of the 543 pieces of Wonder-Undered fabric. Arizona roads, in general, are less bumpy than California roads. It was easier to cut out small fussy pieces in Arizona than in California. Last night, I sorted all the pieces out by number into boxes so I could come home Saturday and iron the sucker together. I also cut out all the Wonder Under for the next piece. I'm considering trying to pick those fabrics today before I leave for Anaheim. There are no cool pictures of this process, because it is significantly boring to view at this stage. Next week will be much more interesting.

I was going to do yardwork today, but it is pouring rain and doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon, so I can justify not mowing the lawn. The lawn is under water. Seriously. This is Southern California and we've had about an inch and a half of rain in last last 17 hours. That's flooding for us dry folks.

Duck Update: See picture of two males and one female. Can you see all the ducks? The last picture is triumphant daddy duck, after he scared off the interloper. Mom has a nest...it's in my bushes. Damn. Guess I can't clean the pool aggressively any time soon. They let me walk right up to them to take the pictures...unfortunately, I couldn't get them to really hold still for a family photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network