Friday, March 31, 2006

Countdown to Vacation

In 23 minutes, I leave for Arizona and caves and who-knows-what, but I've got both cameras with brand-new batteries, my sketchbooks, and a bunch of fabric to cut out (see white box below, but imagine it full to the brim of 543 various-sized Wonder-Undered pieces of fabric). When I get home, I have 24 hours before I leave again for Anaheim and the National Science Teachers' Convention...WHOOOO. No really. It probably will be cool. I'm hoping to bring back a bunch of photos and new drawings and all the pieces cut out, and ideally a well-rested and much calmer and more-centered me. It is Spring Break, and when you're as old as I am (um, OK, I'm not really THAT old except to my students and my own kids), you don't party like you used to. OK, I never partied like that anyway. Give me a nice glass of wine and some fabric, and I'm perfectly happy. Sad but true.

Duck Update: Mom duck is gone (probably nesting) and now the two boys are sharing the pool with a minimum of pecking. Maybe they like each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network