Friday, March 17, 2006

Gettin' Published (with 300 or so other people)

I love getting published. It's my favorite post-art-making activity. ART-RELATED post-art-making activity. Be specific. This journal quilt was at Houston in October 2005 and has been chosen for the book they are publishing on the project. I would have bought the book anyway because it is such a cool idea to have little pieces of art from so many people, but now I will be in the book, so that rocks.


I ran into one of my old students today...she will actually graduate from high school. I am very happy for her. It gives me hope.

I am still buried in Wonder Under pieces, so I don't have any good new pictures of anything to post. Oh wait, except I "found" these again (or remembered they existed) and thought I should do something with them. I used to take a life drawing class just for fun...I like drawing people (shocking, I know). On these, I ironed a big piece of fabric to freezer paper and then used those Pentel fabric crayons (only 8 or 10 colors, and none of them flesh) to draw these models. I like the green one best (jealousy!). The yellow one, eh. The red one is missing his headdress...or the top of his head...depends on how you look at it.


Thing is, these are totally not like anything else I do. They don't seem to have a real purpose except to see if I could do it.

OK, I just kicked out two rampaging kids who were knocking things over in my studio/office. I'm not in the mood. This room is so small, and with the number of in-process projects I have lying around at the moment, I am barely tolerating the cats in there. Friday-afternoon grumpy flailing kids? GET OUT! I'm such a mean mom. I really need my personal space on Friday afternoons...I wish the rest of the world would realize that.

Duck update. They've been here every day. This afternoon, though, only the male is here. He lands in the pool, quacks a lot, and flies off. Then 10 minutes later, he comes back and quacks some more. Weird, huh? Hope Mrs. Duck is OK.

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Elle said...

Congrats about the Journal Quilt book! And, I can't stop laughing about the duck antics, lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network