Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Things I...Should...Be...Doing (sigh)

Grading student work
Editing a friend's essay
Planning lessons for the next 2 weeks
Cleaning house (yeah right)
Negotiating peace treaty between two children battling over the bathroom
Figuring out how to add 1/2 an ounce of weight to the Pinewood Derby car by Friday (I left a message for my dad that I needed Bigger Nuts...we'll see what he shows up with tomorrow morning)

Here's the car:

There's more.

I've been cutting out Wonder Under pieces for the last two nights. This batch of Wonder Under is better than the last, but still not even and not great. There are some pieces that will have to be retraced.

On the new Southwest block, if I stitch 2 pieces on each night, it'll be done by the time I have my next class. That's a goal I can handle at the moment.

Here's a picture of what happens when a digital camera is handheld for sunset photos.


And here's my wimpy snow that closed my school down...it was more the black ice that kept us away. Lots of accidents. By the time we were allowed back, it looked pretty benign. Yes, I know you people in the Midwest and back East think we are wimps, and we are when it comes to weather. But it bought me art-making time, and for that I cannot complain.

2 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Debra said...

I love that shaky sunset photo. I don't think it's just that it's hand held.. are you driving?? I take lots of handheld sunset photos and never have that shake.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger vrgnamgnta said...

Oh yeah, that, I forgot. I'm DRIVING and taking pictures. Very dangerous. But cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network