Sunday, March 26, 2006

Studio Being Used


Something needs to be done about THIS. Those fat quarters must be breeding. I don't even know where to start. And why do I have fabric, not cotton, with Cruella de Ville on it? What the hell was I thinking?

And here is the current quilt in progress. Pretty blah looking, ain't it? Not really...I'm ironing little itty bitty tiny pieces of Wonder Under (540 plus or so of them) to fabric. I'll trim them all down when I'm in Arizona next week.


Linda Schmidt came to my guild last Monday, but most of my pictures of her quilts SUCK and you should go to her website anyway. http://home.comcast.net/~shortattn/Linda_Schmidt_Gallery_Nov_2002.htm This closeup of a quilt is pretty good.

Unfortunately it doesn't have a picture of this quilt with a NAME on it, and I know it had something to do with peace on the planet, but can't remember for sure. If I made a quilt with this many fabrics in it, I might be able to use the Cruella de Ville fabric. Not only that, but the number of quilts she brought made me feel like an incredible underachiever. And when she likes a big quilt, she makes a smaller version of it, and sometimes she makes more than one of the same quilt...maybe when my kids are grown and out of the house I will feel like I am achieving at that rate...but not now.

I need to get to work...more fabric cutting right now (after grocery shopping and getting ready to teach tomorrow). I'm teaching this...

1 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger arlee said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOO i LOVE that Cruela fabric! What *did* you end up using it for??? Got scraps???? :}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network