Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Bound

It's not that I'm not doing anything artistic (or apparently anything at all). There's just nothing exciting about sewing on bindings. I'm getting a hole in my finger from doing it (woo!), but it's no fun to do or to watch. I've finished two and am working on two more. One of them is for a quilt I'm donating to my niece's school for an auction, so I'll post a picture of it when I'm done. I would like to be making art, but my sewing machine is still dead in the water. The store is tired of my harassing them about it. My mom is apparently harassing them too (they've finally made the connection between the two of us). Yes, I'm nuts for preferring to sew on a 30+-year-old machine. But I broke three needles on Mom's super fancy Viking SE or whatever it is, and then came home and broke a needle on her other super fancy Brother. I don't think I've broken a needle on my old Viking in years. I'm sewing it into the ground, but I've got that whole tension thing mostly under control. I don't WANT to learn a new machine. I don't want to waste any of my precious free time fussing with a new system. Even learning to THREAD a new machine is hell...

Rant over. For now. This whole job, making money, paying bills thing sucks. I am incredibly envious of all those artists who are just doing that...I don't know how old I'll be when I retire, but it'll be close to dead.

With that cheery thought in mind, here is a picture of an Easter mole. Because that's what I'm teaching right now...


Sorry...EasterNNNN mole...duh.

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Pete said...

It looks like a hairy funnel full of bread dough fell over onto a pilot's badge.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger vrgnamgnta said...

Yes. It does. But it's Not. It's a freakin' Eastern mole. And now you've hurt its feelings. So it looks like a hairy funnel that's leaking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network