Saturday, April 22, 2006

Still Life with Bloody Head (no fruit)

Still lives should have fruit in them. This one doesn't.



This piece has taken forever to finish. The quilt top was assembled in 2003, I think. I couldn't deal with quilting the back for the longest time, and then when I did finally find the right thread and the right headspace, the thread was a bitch. But it's done. I like parts of it, but I don't know if I like it as a whole (hole, as my students would write).



I do like the details.



I took it to my quilt group and they wanted me to explain it. Eh. Not gonna happen. Sorry.



I've posted this detail before, but it's my favorite. The bloody head...



Actually, I like it in these photos. Maybe I've been too close to it. Maybe I need to hang it on the wall and live with it for a while...but I can't. I'd have to explain it to the kids. Sigh.

3 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger Deb Lacativa said...

I had to look them up but are the hands showing YOU in ASL?

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger vrgnamgnta said...

Ayep.

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! You are doing what I'm trying to do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network