Monday, April 10, 2006

Words Later...I Swear

Or maybe I'll just make YOU figure out how all of these pictures are connected! No really...I'll add words later...


This is a picture of a device made by two middle-school teachers (one science and one language arts) to simulate blood splatter, so kids could see what blood splatter from a hammer might look like. Don't even ask about how this guy went on about cast-off splatter. It's easier to take that stuff on TV or from a detective, but this teacher was having way too much fun. And you should hear him talk about maggots...I know now how to attract flies to lay eggs and about all the different stages of maggots and their resulting buggy bits. Yikes.


This is mitosis. In fabric. With pieces the size of...maggots? No, much smaller. I'm weird. This rectangle is part of a much larger piece...this part is about 4x6".


This would have been much cooler if it weren't blurry. This was at the NSTA (National Science Teacher's Association) conference in Anaheim. It was awesome. I did ask permission to take the picture. I wish I had had time to take more, less blurry pictures.


I did mitosis. Now I do DNA. I am woman. Hear me roar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network