Wednesday, April 12, 2006

One of Those Weeks

Yesterday, moany whiny blah irritation (by the way, adding to that, my interior lights are also not working). Today, I get the envelope I've been waiting for, and it feels like it's full of my slides. Sigh. Another rejection. Silly girl...Portrait of an Ex got into Crafts National 40, which will hang in the Zoller Gallery at Penn State University (University Park) from June 6 through July 21. There are catalogs! I love catalogs. So I should stop whining.


Last night I finished ironing the entire top of the piece I'm trying to finish by May 1, which would be a totally attainable goal if Spring Break wasn't over this week. So I'm going to be doing that balancing act where I try to act like an artist, a mom, and a teacher, and things like clean houses and thank-you notes sent out on time fall by the wayside. I apologize to the world for that, but it seems to make sense to me at the time. I've petitioned for a waiver for a 30-hour day because the 24-hour days aren't cutting it, but I haven't heard back yet. And I just spent THREE HOURS cutting my lawn. It's rained every Saturday that I've been home in the last 2 months. I don't know how you people in permanently wet areas do this...I'd have grass up to the roof.

To summarize:
Yesterday: sucked big time
Today: Achievement is mine

Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger arlee said...

That is an amazing work! Do you explain at least *some* of the imagery somewhere? (I know symbols can be highly personal)--there's so much in there, i keep coming back to it again and again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network