Friday, August 18, 2006

Insert Additional Animal and Increase Heat

Not a good equation. My parents are traveling, so Missy comes to visit again. Yet now Ivy is here too, so the two spent all day yesterday playfighting. Exhausting to watch or even hear, and I worry when Ivy's entire head fits into Missy's mouth. Seems Missy is getting Pissy.

Eventually, though, the heat and exhaustion kicked in and they stopped fighting over the toys. The dogs that is. The kids are still fighting, but since school starts MONDAY, these are the last few days of summer for them.



I pin-basted this piece yesterday. Had to clean the entry floor first, and then some dog peed on it after I had finished. The floor, not the quilt. Ugh. Although someone (I'm not naming names) peed on another quilt on which I'm still trying to sew the binding. So I can't throw it in the washing machine, because it still has pins in it, but I can't stand the pee smell to finish the hand sewing. I don't even know how it ended up on the floor. I rinsed it out (the pee was still wet) and hung it up to dry. We'll see how that goes.



I don't have enough free pins around now to pin-baste another quilt, so I'll have to finish quilting this one before I do another. Like that's a problem! Although I did finally find the master drawing for one I've been working on since April...couldn't iron it until I found that. My studio is a disaster still, despite an entire summer of "free time" to clean it up and organize it. I have come to the conclusion that there is just Too Much Stuff in there to actually clean it satisfactorily. And I sold some of it and took a bunch to the thrift shop. I know the problem. It's an 8-foot by 10-foot room that is my office for school and my art studio. There are three tables, a file cabinet, and 3 bookshelves. I need more bookshelves (Dad, are you reading this? Are you going to help me build the second story for my library???).

And yes, I know I can buy more pins at the store. I'm ignoring that fact in hopes that I will actually finish something this summer out of necessity.



More importantly, I started quilting. Unfortunately, it is hot here and my foot pedal is even hotter. I am currently waiting for it to cool down so I can quilt some more. I burnt my toes. And before you tell me to put shoes on, I don't really feel like I have good control of the foot pedal with shoes on. I've tried socks, but they're too slippery and the heat goes through them pretty quickly.



Maybe I should finish writing my Christmas thank you notes instead. Don't say it...

4 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger arlee said...

I "drive' barefoot too-- my Greyman is used to me coming out of the studio with a sock and a slipper on my right foot only.... :}

And my studio is quite small too---oh wait! I'm moving and the new one is twice the size!!!!

Cats have peed on my work-----and pins should just walk home to you.

Quilt's looking damn good!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger vrgnamgnta said...

Sigh. I want a bigger studio. When the kids go to college (9 more years), then maybe I will knock some walls down :-). Yeah right.

Thanks...

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Elle said...

I sew in my barefeet too. My old pedal used to burn my feet, but the new one's okay so far, lol.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Karoda said...

Barefoot pedal pusher here too...the quilt is coming right along, looking forward to seeing it completed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network