Sunday, August 06, 2006

On Sunday, We Iron

And that's what I've been doing. In fact, I'm still mentally in that mode, so I'm having a hard time coming up with words for this entry. Amazing, eh?

I had this vine ironed Friday night, or maybe it was Saturday morning...can't remember. It ironed fine. But then when I started working on some stuff above the head, I ran into monstrous Wonder Under problems. I don't know whether I had another bad batch of Wonder Under, or if I didn't throw out all the bad stuff, or what, but a third of the pieces had the really sparse webbing of one kind of bad batch, another third had the problem where the paper won't come off the fusible, and the last third was fine. I was seriously frustrated, and not looking forward to hours of fighting this stuff, not to mention what the last batch did to my sewing machine. Sigh.


But after taking 24 hours off from that (and recognizing the influence of PMS in my life), I started up again. I had a critic, though. Limbo was not sure of my color choices. Actually, he just wanted to play with the long pieces of fabric I was flipping around on the ironing board. He eventually left for less stressful arenas.


And I managed to finish the base piece with very few problems. A good sign.


Now I have to go grocery shop, or we all starve. I'll probably have to cook too. Sucks.

1 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger arlee said...

omg i love your unique image approach!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network