Monday, July 24, 2006

Smallest Room, Most Living Things

This is my studio floor. There are more living things in this room (many on the floor, as you can see) than in any other room in the house. At last count, 3 of the 4 cats, a puppy, and a small child. There's also an unwanted spider on the ceiling. It's the smallest room, the hottest room, and I am having to step carefully over all these beasts so they don't squawk at me.


Puppies get very flat when it's hot.


Limbo (the cat) is really pissed off at me. I've picked him up unceremoniously and dropped him on the floor and yelled at him about 14 times in the last 24 hours. He wants to sit on my fabric and he wants to sit on my carefully ordered bits of Wonder Under. He's driving me nuts. I put him where he is now so he would be out of my way. He's really irritated...you can tell.


I left the room for 2 minutes to get water, came back, and he was sitting in the middle of this pile of fabric.


This pile is the fabrics I'm using in this quilt. It's surprisingly lacking in bright colors. Lots of grays and browns and earth tones (despite the blurry photo, which has achieved a bizarre fluorescent and unreal glow). Not sure what the whole quilt will look like, because I don't do color studies. It's all in my head. Scary, eh?

And what the heck does this mean? Bizarre...yes, I used this fabric in this quilt.

5 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Heh heh, your household sounds like mine -- tons of furry friends who always want to "help" with the arts and crafts!

I was searching through random blogs and ran across yours, and thought I'd say Hi!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Everytime I set my mind to get to work on a project - everyone in the house always congregates in that room! Is there a name for this strange phenomenon?

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger vrgnamgnta said...

Courtney has WAY more furry friends than I do (um, well, maybe not :-)).

Yes, the phenomenon is called "motherhood". And yes, I am mother to those cats and the dog...but NOT the spider. He's on his own.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awww... but spiders need love, too! ;)

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger vrgnamgnta said...

He's on his way to you in the mail :-). He gets love in my classroom...just not during the summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network