Friday, August 04, 2006

Progress Is MINE

OK, that's a little over the top. But I'm so happy to be finally Putting This Dang Quilt Together. I started tracing Wonder Under and cutting it out in June sometime, I think. Then ironing all those pieces in July. Finished cutting the 821st piece this afternoon, and started ironing them soon after.

They look so pitiful in this box. Like there's no way all these inky dinky pieces are going to make anything of significance (and that may well be true). But I am spurred on by the arrival home of two quilts today that were in shows in Santa Cruz and Pennsylvania. Two more will ship off next month to Illinois. Another one is traveling the world...I don't even know where it is right now. So it's time to make something new.


I did pin-baste a quilt yesterday, an older quilt that I put together in January, but I don't really like it. It needs a lot of extra work, I think, like inking and maybe even embroidery, so I put it on the bottom of the priority list because it will take too long to finish. I honestly have about 2 1/2 weeks before school starts, and that's it. My goal this year was to finish more quilts than last year, and right now, I suck.

I did like how the leaves went together for the newest quilt. I ironed them real quick before the kid's piano lesson, with the damn cat continuing to try to sit in the middle of the carefully arranged pieces.


Unfortunately, Blogger is determined that I Post No Bills um Photos. Later, my precious buzzy bees. I will post photos once Blogger allows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network