Friday, February 03, 2006

Anger and Exhaustion

The Anger Management lesson was a disaster...I didn't teach it, and in retrospect, I wish I had been allowed to. But I did get permission from one of the kids to post his anger drawings on my blog. He thought I was kidding at first. Looking back at a couple of the other pictures, I'll ask the permission of those kids too next week. I connect with the kids who draw well and think outside the box...but too often, they are the kids who are failing in public school. I didn't fail...but I'm not sure why.

Here's his first drawing...




His second drawing...



He seems like a mostly happy kid, but I remember being 12. Anger was out of control. And I found a drawing I had done on fabric of anger...in 2001.


It must have been a bad day...

I'm exhausted. I want to make art, but I'm so damn tired, I can barely move. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network