Sunday, February 12, 2006

I Need a Name (and No, I'm Not Really Asking for Help)

So I fused and quilted and bound the whole thing in a weekend, a very busy weekend, a weekend where I spent about 7 hours doing work (not art, but work), plus another drive to LA and back (which is actually when I got the binding stitched down). It needs embroidery and maybe even beads. Some part of my brain is yelling "See how quickly you can get a SMALL quilt done? Why don't you do MORE SMALL ONES?!" Hmn. Because I like big ones better. I have real issues with small quilts...mine, not other people's. They seem less important or powerful. I don't really believe that. I'm not really sure what my problem is.

It does need a name. Most of my quilts have names at this stage. Of course, most of them take months (or at least weeks) to make...so that would be another con to making small quilts...not enough rumination time to come up with a title.


Here is a description of my first amusing attempt to come up with a title for this sucker. It has women in it. OK. So I pull up iTunes and search for all songs, albums, or artists with "woman". I get lots of bad 70s music and an entire Michelle Shocked album, which is kinda cool. So I start listening to all of them in shuffle, hoping the lyrics will jog some amazing titular experience, but no. Ugh. So I search for all the Michelle Shocked albums, because that feels much nicer, but I still don't have a freakin' title.

No, I really don't want help coming up with a title. I think I just talked one into my head. We'll see if it sticks.

This is a bad week for getting art made, except for Friday, which is a Day Off, and hence full of wondrous time for making art. Oh joyous me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network