Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Time-Saving

I was considering taking some cooking classes on how to cook time-saving meals that are cheap and healthy and diabetic-friendly, and produce nice leftovers that can be recycled into different meals during the week. Doesn't sound too demanding, does it? So I actually found a local time-saving cooking class, but get this...it's on Tuesday mornings. Great for the working single mom, eh? Duh. I'm thinking I need time-saving a hell of a lot more than someone who can take a 4-hour class midweek, but maybe I am wrong. I guess I'm on my own again.

Since Sunday, I've managed to get my Wonder-Undered Butt Together. I retraced, I cut out, I ironed, I trimmed. I'm almost ready to iron the sucker together. I should make small quilts more often...I'm not sure what happened Sunday night. I think my brain went out dancing without me, and left my shell of a body behind to pretend to get things done. Last time it'll do that.

You'll be glad to know the new batch of Wonder Under has been sticking admirably. Here's something to complain about though. On bad days at school, instead of grading stuff during my prep period, I would occasionally spend 10 or 15 minutes surfing the Art Quilters Ring...well NO MORE. Any of the sites that have the word "blog" in the URL have been blocked. Sigh.

I'm posting two progress pictures for the newest quilt (completely unnamed)...one is of little pieces of Wonder Under waiting for a piece of fabric to CHOOSE ME CHOOSE ME. The other is happily ironed pieces on fabric, waiting to be cut out. They got cut out last night. Tonight hopefully I will iron the whole thing down.




Oh honey...it don't look like a quilt just yet, but it will, chile...just you wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network