Sunday, September 03, 2006

San Diego Quilt Show

Sigh. I want my city to have a good interesting quilt show, I do. I even found a friend with a working camera to take to the quilt show so I could take pictures to blog about. BUT. There was nothing worth photographing. One friend's quilt was there, but I'd seen it before, and everything else was intensely boring and sometimes even bad. I'm sure some of the traditional quilts were very well made and technically perfect, but yawn. Shoot me if you like, but I think the only reason I went was for the vendors, and even THAT was a yawn. No hand-dyes. Maybe there were some hiding in a booth somewhere surrounded by fat quarters of fabrics I could get at Rosie's, but nothing called out to me at all. Nothing. How depressing.

The evening was spent at the zoo, the Zoo at Night, to be exact, where a few animals did venture out of the dark to be seen and heard. That was nice. My camera is still at school, 40 minutes away, and I may actually have to drive there to get it so I can photograph my quilt. The one that's not done yet. Yeah. Sigh.

No pictures.

4 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Thank you! I feel better not having gone. Was in SF moving the kid in up there. Too crazy for me... How can you be creative when life is so hectic?

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger vrgnamgnta said...

If I'm NOT creative when life is hectic, then I start to feel mopey and depressed, so I just designate a night when I don't have to grade anything and when nothing is such a desperate rush that someone will die if I don't do it immediately, and I make stuff. That said, I don't always have the energy to actually DO that on a regular basis during the school year...

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I find myself vegging out in front of the TV or computer instead. Bad Bad Bad

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger vrgnamgnta said...

Yes, but at least you are visiting my blog :-)

Right, because I NEVER veg out in front of the computer...NEVER.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network