Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Smell of Blueberry Muffins

My SIL is to thank for this indulgence. I mean, it's 100 degrees plus out there, so it makes sense to turn the oven on for more than an hour to make blueberry muffins. We didn't get to pick our own berries this time (although we did spill a whole pint over the back of my car. They look good, don't they? Imagine how they smell...



I'm doing some embroidery on the Earth Mother quilt. Simple stuff. Here's the thread, perle cotton size 8. I got some more at the quilt store the other day. Didn't have enough colors. As always. I NEVER have enough colors.



I just started while the kids were swimming today. Haven't done much. Don't have much time to do it, if I want to enter this in some show this fall. So I will be a good girl this week and make sure I make time for it. By the way, so you understand my insanity, my students show up on Tuesday, all 158 or so of them.



Speaking of students, I ran into one the other day whose name I totally couldn't remember. I felt bad. But I've had over 600 students in just over 3 years, and I'm about to learn another large batch. It's amazing I can remember my own kids' names. Anyway, this was a gift from a student who blew off school to go guess where? So he brought the teachers shot glasses from his trip to Cancun. This still makes me laugh. Maybe he thought they were cute little vases. Yeah right.

2 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

rrrrrrrrrrrrr, er mmmmmmmm ...those muffins look amazingly yummy. Now I have to go make some of my own. Thanks for the craving!

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Karoda said...

so today is your day, huh? 158 little eager ones...have a great first day of school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network