Monday, June 26, 2006

Jim's Quilts

Two years ago (last time I was in Seattle) I delivered a T-shirt quilt to my brother. I finished the binding while watching TV in his living room. His wife had sent me a box of his old T-shirts, all the ones from high school and college that were sorta old and falling apart, the ones you can't bear to get rid of because of their HISTORICAL significance. You know what I'm talkin' about.

So I get this box and I start cutting out pictures and logos and stuff, and I iron them all onto some stabilizer so they won't stretch, and I start piecing sashing randomly around the edges, and I lay them all out, and I've got enough for like 3 or 4 quilts, man. THREE OR FOUR. So I finished one two years ago. It took me about 7 months to do it, because I'm lame. Anyway, in the process of cleaning out my studio for art-making summer activities, I found the box with all the leftover pieces, because I only made ONE quilt...not THREE OR FOUR. What kind of quilter am I? (A normal one.)

Here's the pile of remaining T-shirt pieces, some sashed, mostly not.



Here's the extra blocks from the last (first?) quilt. I feel motivated. Slightly :-). Can't ask for more than that...


Countdown 14 days until we leave for Seattle. Bwa ha ha. Meanwhile, I'm looking closely at my kids who learned how to make placemats at Grandma's house over Winter Break. Hmn. How can I use this resource wisely...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network