Monday, June 19, 2006

I Touched Fabric Today



The label I made for the back of Still Life (with all my identifying info scribbled out...in case my students are trolling the art quilters webring!). I fuse them on and then buttonhole the edges, to make it harder for someone to rip it off. Like someone's gonna do that to one of my quilts. I'm hoping to get this quilt ready to ship tonight, although grading finals will probably get in the way of that.

I finished the applique for the Egypt quilt. My teacher Susan drew the pattern from an Egyptian wallhanging her parents brought back from there many years ago. I decided bright colors were the way to go. It still needs embroidery. It's taken me a whopping 22 months of nonstop sewing on other things in order to get this done. No, I don't sew on it much. Now I just need to finish it.




And most importantly, I found the WD-40. Look in the middle, where the big white arrow is. There it is! Now why did I put it there? No one knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network