Monday, September 25, 2006

Do I Have to Admit It?

Do I have to admit to going through the same Quilt National process as everyone else? Do I have to admit to how many years I've sent a "donation" to Quilt National so they could reject my work once again? Do I have to admit to having a QN plan every other year, to make a piece that is QN worthy? OK, I don't really do that. I do try to challenge myself with new pieces, pieces that push my envelope in some way shape or form, but I don't make pieces just for Quilt National. But yes, like you, I am watching the mailbox for my rejection notice. Maybe I should finish my body part crazy quilt and send THAT in one year.



I have a fabric-related goal for the evening. I don't want to deal with work. It's incredibly frustrating and irritating at the moment, and my PMS-state is such that I don't think I can deal with work even if I need to tonight. There are so many bits and pieces that cause frustration that I can't get a hold of any single one and make sense of that one piece. I walked on the problem today (meaning I walked and listened to music and let the problem float around my brain...sometimes that provides a place where my brain can create a solution). It didn't work. I drove home thinking about it too, and that didn't help. So maybe if I stop thinking about it consciously, that will help.

A friend of mine sends me pieces of ties on a regular basis to try to entice me back into the world of crazy quilting. It may work. I'm tempted.



In the past, when I've been really truly messily frustrated with my existence, I have this printed out and taped to my computer monitor (attributed to Our Lady of Guadalupe): "Let not your heart be disturbed. Do not fear that sickness, nor any other sickness or anguish. Am I not here, who is your Mother? Are you not under my protection? Am I not your health? Are you not happily within my fold? What else do you wish? Do not grieve nor be disturbed by anything." What's ironic about my finding comfort in that quote is that I am truly an atheist. If you've read that book where Mother Mary comes to this woman's house to stay and man I can't remember the name (and I just searched the bookshelves and can't find it), then that is kind of what gives me a good feeling. Weird. Goddess worship maybe. If you know what book I'm talking about, please remind me. My brain is turned off.

3 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

Can't help you with your quote source, but I love the piece and the quote! AND I was all excited because I never knew anyone else in the world who had that great green diagonal stripe in the background. I used that as a background for a bed-sized quilt once and it made a great three dimensional effect.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger arlee said...

It's a bird,it's a fish, it's a superman---no it's a plane in her hand!!!!!! Love it:}

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Jo Griffith said...

Love your QN rant. I too go through the anxiety with QN. It's one of my goals before I die to have something "worthy"....(sigh).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network