Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Head Throb

Not heart throb. Must be headache season. High pressure, low pressure.

I sewed this weekend. This is what I sewed (horrible blurry picture follows.



And then I sewed this.


I didn't really sew this. I just sewed stuff ON this. Not the same. No artistic satisfaction gained from either.

Many years ago, I sewed this, and it only recently returned home after two years of traveling with one of the MasterPieces shows. It's in my hallway right now because the piece that normally hangs there is in some show until the end of November or December. I can't stand blank spaces. Its name is Third Eye Blind.



I just realized it is the first of two pieces of mine with three eyeballs. I'm on a roll. Roll...eyeballs...oh my.

I drew this during a staff meeting. Tells you how I normally feel in staff meetings. I plan to draw it bigger with lots more cool nifty stuff on it. When my head stops throbbing (or more importantly, when I get done grading the 20 tons of stuff I brought home).



I don't remember last year, this time of year. That's probably an indicator that it was just as bad as this year in terms of free time. I remember sewing like a mad woman over Thanksgiving. I don't remember getting much done. It feels worse this year. Don't know why. Maybe because I thought it would be better.

Good news. The new bras arrived. Doggy lips are not allowed near them. I killed 4 rats in all and since then, there has been no more sign of ratty rustling.

2 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to sew on scout shirts, too.My 11 year old just crossed over into boyscouts. Is that why you had to sew stuff on for him?

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger vrgnamgnta said...

Nope. worse than that. He's still a Webelo and I bought his shirt a year ago really big so he could wear it into boy scouts and he completely grew up and out of it. So I had to move all the patches over to an even BIGGER shirt. Which I will probably have to do AGAIN sometime in the next 5 years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network