Friday, November 03, 2006

You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

My kids were in a play tonight: You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. One was Lucy, one was Schroeder. Not an amazing thing unless you realize how shy my kids can be. They were awesome...they projected, they knew their lines...I'm not sure who those two kids on stage really were...



In other news, I'm finding these shoes really comfortable.

They're not Crocs; they're Holeys. I wish I had 4 or 5 different colors...but my students already give me trouble for wearing them.



I had my students make paper-plate skeletons on Halloween. It was a good introduction to the skeletal system, but not really difficult. I only had half my classes that day, because of an in-school dance, so I didn't want to do something that the other two classes would suffer from missing. I think they turned out cool.



Here's the link to the instructions...

The lack of artmaking is depressing. I'm spending all day tomorrow in a school-related meeting, and I'm not even caught up on grading from the last 2-day conference. I think I should accept the lack of art during school time, but I was doing really well last year, and now I'm not. Last year at this time, I was dreaming about making art but not actually making any. Sigh.

2 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger arlee said...

oh that's too cute, so depressed and blah! grab a five minutes for yourself and draw at least!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Pete said...

The Spelling Police called, and they say there will be dire consequences if you omit the hyphen from "art-making" again. (They'd have called you directly, but you scare them a little.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network