Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ode to a Tarantula

I'm guessing a giant hairy spider is going to show up the next time I'm allowed to draw. Whenever that is.



I thought maybe the tarantula was trying to molt. For days, it did this psychotic attack dance every time I walked by.



It spent a lot of time squirming around on its back, looking like a spider trying to molt.



I thought it might die. And it...he...did. I miss him.



No really, I do. Sounds weird, I know. But he was a companion for a year or so and I enjoyed watching him and yes I have a pretty screwed up life if a tarantula provides comfort.

Sleeping Beauty, died October 27, 2006
Birth unknown

Rest in peace, little hairy one.

4 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, sorry about your loss. I used to think my old goldfish kept me company, so i won't judge your screwed up life because you miss an eight-legged freak in a glass tank.

Did you know for sure it was a 'he'?

I kinda like spiders, but i never succeeded to draw them. You may like check my blog though--they're one my usual topics. Again, my commiserations.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger vrgnamgnta said...

The student who gave him to me said he was male. I had to trust him.

I don't dream about spiders. Water falling (pee dreams). Yikes!

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my husband would divorce me if I had a spider of ANY kind, let alone a tarantula. He's terrified of them. It's kind of funny, this 6'4, 275 lb man afraid of a spider. But I have a betta fish that I've had for a year and a 1/2, and he's not dead yet. I'd do the dog thing again, but our lease wouldn't allow it without a $250 deposit, and more per month.
But I'm sorry you're spider died.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Pete said...

Has it really been a whole year? Wow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Network